Diamond studded membrane made of a mix of UV stabilized recycled
polyethylene, laminated to a polypropylene fabric. The rigid studded
technology of R1 delivers superior compression resistance and
enhanced long-term acoustical performance.
- With ¾” Treadstone underlayment, the system can reduce impact noise (IIC) up to 12db in wood framed assemblies.
- Polypropylene barrier fabric
- 1/8” thick, total system thickness as thin as 7/8”
- Industry leading compression resistance
- UL listed in over 100 floor ceiling designs
- Installed by a network of technically trained licensed dealers
Rolls, 250sf per roll, 16 rolls per pallet
Treadstone™ R1 Sound Attenuating Mat
Treadstone™ R1 Sound Attenuating Mat is a diamond studded membrane made of a mix of UV stabilized recycled polyethylene, laminated to a polypropylene fabric. The rigid studded technology of R1 delivers superior durability and enhanced acoustic performance in the most challenging of projects.
Treadstone™R1 is loose-laid over the substrate and then covered with a uniform thickness of an approved Treadstone™ Underlayment Product. Mechanical Fastening is not required, providing a system profile thickness as thin as 7/8” (22.23 mm).
In conjunction with 3/4” of Treadstone™ Underlayment, the installed system can reduce impact noise (IIC) up to 12 dB in wood framed assemblies. Refer to Treadstone™ Acoustical Design Guide for acoustical test performance, or contact Formulated Materials for specific test data. • Polypropylene barrier fabric
- Low profile; .12” or 3.05mm • Excellent noise control performance with a spectrum of floor covering options.
- Industry leading compression resistance
- Because this system is embedded, noise problems are reduced, even when floor coverings are changed or replaced
- UL listed in over 110 designs, for specific design or data contact us
Treadstone™R1 Sound Attenuating Mat in conjunction with an approved Treadstone™ Underlayment, is recommended and approved in;
- Multi-Family Construction
- Residential and Single Family
- Commercial Office Space
- Renovation of old wood frame or concrete structures
|Weight||EN 1849-1||lb/sq ft||0.019|
|Water Penetration Resistance||EN ISO 1928||Watertight|
|Raw Material||Blend of Polyethylene and Polypropylene|
|Compression and deflection||(psf)||Time||inches|
|Weight||EN 965||lb/sq ft||0.10|
|Adhesive Tape for Overlapping||Butylic Adhesive|
|Width With Flap||in||39|
|Rolls per pallet||n||6 standing|
Clean, remove all foreign matter from surface. Surface must be dry.
Treadstone™ R1 Sound Attenuating Mat is to be installed by a licensed Treadstone™ Dealer. The building must be closed in with a minimum of 50 degrees F, maintained for a period of 5-7 days during and after the installation of Treadstone™ R1 and Treadstone™ Underlayment. R1 is loose laid on the subfloor with seams tightly joined and fastened by peeling plastic film from butyl strip of overlap flap, and pressing firmly to the adjoining R1. The perimeter of rooms, adjoining walls, all fixed objects, and mechanical penetrations must be isolated with Treadstone™ Perimeter Isolation Strip.
Store in dry conditions.
Treadstone™ R1 is only one component of the floor ceiling assembly and overall noise reduction strategy.While using Treadstone™ R1 will improve the overall acoustics performance of the assembly, the exact amount or minimum performancecannot be guaranteed. Formulated Materials recommends contacting an acoustical consultant for recommendations regarding the acousticalperformance of any and all projects.
- To minimize risk of damage to the Treadstone™ Underlayment, installation of R1 and underlayment is recommended after drywall. For installation prior to drywall, contact Formulated Materials for recommendations.
- Treadstone™ Underlayment thickness/compressive strength recommendations
- Residential/Multifamily Construction: 3/4” (19.05mm) at 2,000 psi minimum
- Light Commercial: 3/4” (19.05mm) at 3,000psi minimum
G230 | G516 | G524 | G561 | G577 | G578 | G579 | G580 | G581 | G582 | G587 | G592 | H502 | J917 | J919 | J920 | J924 | J927 | J931 | J957 | J958 | J991 | J994 | L006 | L201 | L202 | L206 | L209 | L210 | L211 | L212 | L501 | L502 | L503 | L504 | L505 | L506 | L507 | L508 | L509 | L510 | L511 | L512 | L513 | L514 | L515 | L516 | L517 | L518 | L519 | L520 | L522 | L523 | L524 | L525 | L526 | L527 | L528 | L529 | L530 | L532 | L533 | L534 | L535 | L536 | L537 | L538 | L539 | L540 | L541 | L542 | L543 | L545 | L546 | L549 L550 L551 L552 | L556 | L557 | L558 | L560 | L562 | L563 | L565 | L570 | L573 | L574 | L576 | L577 | L579 | L581 | L583 | L585 | L587 | L588 | L589 | L590 | L592 | L593 | M500 | M502 | M503 | M504 | M506 | M508 | M511 | M512 | M513 | M515 | M517 | M519 M530 M531 M535 | M536